Saturday, February 27, 2010

News and Booze

Bioshock 2 review that I've been working on the past couple days is live. Click on Mr. Bubbelz for the goods.

Summary in short: There was no change where change was needed

It's time for a little honesty: I suck quite awful at most RTS's. I've come across maybe one or two in that vein of style that have really engaged me. World in Conflict comes to mind, as does, uhhh Demigod? The Diablo style games as well if you count those. Already, I'm straining to bring to mind what titles really hooked me in the genre. Maybe two out of hundreds.

This makes the impending release of Starcraft 2 all the more painful, knowing the parthenon of battle.net 2.0 will collectively steamroll me. It was a great game when I played ages upon ages ago, but it's going to be interesting coming back. I'm on a strict regiment of some WC3 single player for training, but it's going to take alot. I refuse to take that baby online until I find the basic ingredient that's missing from my ability to just sensibly coordinate any kind of attack. Open to attack/defense strategies. And beta keys, if you would be so kind.

Perhaps an RTS online journal to catalog the progress that will never be made? Hmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment